DEFENDING FREEDOM ACROSS THE GLOBE
The Bravery Foundation is a proud supporter of a group of veterans from across the globe dedicated to providing humanitarian aid and combat support to the people of Ukraine under the full direction of and embedded with the Ukrainian Armed Forces through the International Legion of Defence of Ukraine. They are willing to put their lives on the line to protect the lives and freedom of the people of Ukraine. Due to the desperate situation, they have been forced to procure their own plane tickets, body armor, and other vital life saving gear and supplies.
These brave men need our support as do Ukrainian civilians and temporarily displaced persons/refugees who are fleeing their war-torn country. Innocent people are being maimed and killed by the ambitions of a brutal dictator and they need assistance from other countries, like Canada. We will be there to assist Ukrainians and our veterans in any way we can.
Our main objective in helping the international coalition of professional soldiers is to provide them with body armor, night vision goggles/scopes and tourniquets and help pay for their plane tickets to Ukraine. This will allow them to safely free Ukrainian civilians and bring medical supplies to those in need. If required, some funds may be earmarked to support the families of our volunteer soldiers while they are away, but to date there has not been a need.
HELPING REFUGEES & DISPLACED PEOPLE
Another goal of our foundation is to facilitate and connect Ukrainian refugees and displaced people with local families and resources. We've populated resource pages with links to Federal, Provincial, Regional (Okanagan), and local (Kelowna) resources to help those settling in Canada. We're also proud to be helping young Ukrainian mother and her two small children settle in Kelowna, BC.
A centralized data entry system has been developed to connect local Okanagan residents who have job offerings or other kindnesses with Ukrainians re-locating to our Valley. Our system allows refugees/displaced Ukrainians to make kindness requests, employment requests and emergency accommodation requests through our website. Our goal is to create one central hub for all the not-for-profit organizations within our Okanagan region so we can TOGETHER, in an orderly and targeted fashion, connect those who need help with those who have things to offer.
Lastly we're creating a "Refugee to Refugee Mentorship" pilot project. Our goal is to set up a communications link between refugees in Ukraine who speak English with Ukrainian refugees/displaced people in Canada who can't speak English. This will provide refugees in Ukraine with a sense of purpose while helping Ukrainians in Canada learn English.
To learn about our fundraising efforts, click here!
We cannot issue tax receipts. Our foundation has applied to CRA Charities Directorate for charitable status, and if approved by the end of 2022, which is not guaranteed, we will be able to provide receipts backdated to the date we were incorporated on March 8, 2022.
- Help with the cost of airline tickets, and accommodations for the volunteer international coalition of soldiers
- Purchase & ship medical supplies to Ukraine
- Purchase protective gear and night vision goggles/scopes for the international coalition of soldiers
- Provide support for families of our volunteer veterans of the international coalition of soldiers, if we raise enough money and if there is a need, which to date there has been neither
- Connect Ukrainian displaced persons/refugees in Ukraine with displaced persons/refugees in Canada
- Connect Ukrainian displaced persons/refugees with Canadian government resources so they can enter Canada
- Connect Ukrainian displaced persons/refugees with our Okanagan community so they have access to tangible items, like clothes, toys and household items when they settle here
- Connect Ukrainian displaced persons/refugees with business and community members in the valley, so they can become contributing members to our society